Standards for Membership Selection
- ALL First-Semester, First-Time Students are ELIGIBLE to JOIN within their initial semester of enrollment at UIC.
- ALL Transfer Students are immediately ELIGIBLE to JOIN a fraternity or sorority at UIC within their initial semester of enrollment at UIC, or anytime thereafter.
- ANY Undergraduate Student is thus ELIGIBLE to JOIN at any point in their enrollment (any class standing, from First-Semester to the Final Semester of a Senior/Last Year), provided they maintain the minimum cumulative GPA (below), along with any optionally applicable selective membership criteria that may be implemented by a particular organization.
- ALL UIC students seeking membership in a fraternity or sorority must hold at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA at the time of joining.
- Each individual organization is given the autonomy to optionally employ additional selective standards for membership, inclusive of higher GPA/academic standards beyond the baseline university minimum, previous/current campus and community involvement (i.e., service hours), and other demonstrations of leadership and engagement.
- ALL organizations are expressly prohibited from discriminatory practices outlined UIC anti-discrimination clauses and must adhere to the university’s zero tolerance policy on hazing.