** For FALL 2021 Dates, Events, and Opportunities for students interested in joining a UIC Fraternity or Sorority, with updates for in-person and hybrid/virtual adjustments due to COVID-19! **
We Welcome You To Explore Membership!
** Let Us Know Your Interest: Please fill out this brief form to demonstrate your interest and provide your key contact information, so that we can connect you to important and timely information about all the next opportunities to explore fraternity and sorority membership.
Info by Council
FALL 2021 – Meet The Greeks
Fraternity and Sorority Life (FSL)
Wednesday, September 8, 2021
UIC Quad (Lecture Center Plaza), 11:00am-3:00pm
* Visit: go.uic.edu/MeetTheGreeks
- All students are welcome and encouraged to join any time throughout the day 11:00am-3:00pm for an energizing, signature event featuring UIC’s Fraternity and Sorority Life (FSL) community.
- Meet representatives of all active fraternities and sororities on campus, who are excited to speak with you and share more about the positive impact of membership in their organizations.
- Discover the diverse offerings from 30+ UIC fraternity and sorority chapters and learn about their values and missions, the recruitment processes and timelines of joining in each semester, and how to become a member!
- Any undergraduate student is eligible to join a fraternity/sorority chapter with a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA — this includes all first-year students, transfer students, and students at any undergraduate grade level. (Graduate/professional students are encouraged to explore any graduate membership options organizations may have via a graduate chapter, and/or to explore specific student organizations sponsored by their UIC graduate/professional departments that are tied to their academic discipline.)
Collegiate Panhellenic Council (CPC) Primary RECRUITMENT – Women’s Organizations
- FALL 2021
-CPC, and these women’s organizations within the Collegiate Panhellenic Council, will next showcase an opportunity for recruitment in a hybrid/virtual setting for FALL 2021:
- Alpha Sigma Tau
- Chi Sigma Omega
- Delta Phi Epsilon
- Lambda Zeta Chi
- Phi Sigma Sigma
- MORE INFORMATION will be posted here in JULY 2021, identifying specific sorority information and specific dates to participate in Primary (formal) Recruitment, including a REQUIRED advance registration process and nominal registration fee.
Interfraternity Council (IFC) RECRUITMENT – Men’s Organizations
- Omega Delta
- Phi Kappa Psi
- Sigma Alpha Mu
- Tau Kappa Epsilon
- Theta Xi
FALL 2021: Monday – Friday, September 13-17, 2021
- To sign up for men’s IFC recruitment, you MUST register online: go.uic.edu/joinifc
- FALL 2021 registration will OPEN starting August 1, 2021.
Greeks of the Pan-Asian American Council (GPAAC) RECRUITMENT – Men’s & Women’s Organizations
Join us FALL 2021 to meet the GPAAC exec board and representatives from all active GPAAC fraternities and sororities, who will share council-wide information, then connect you to individual fraternity/sorority organization recruitment events, information sessions, and social outlets throughout the rest of the week.
- GPAAC FALL 2021:
- Mon, Sept week TBD, 2021; 6pm: Meet The Orgs
- Tues, Sept week TBD, 2021; 6pm: Alumni Panel
- Wed, Sept week TBD, 2021; 6pm; GPAAC Social
- Individual Fraternity and Sorority chapter recruitment events follow GPAAC Recruitment, beginning Thur, Sept week TBD, 2021
Latino Greek Council (LGC) RECRUITMENT – Men’s & Women’s Organizations
LGC is calling you! This FALL 2021, meet the Latino Greek Council (LGC) and representatives from all active LGC fraternities and sororities, who will connect you to individual fraternity/sorority organization recruitment events, information sessions, and outlets to express your interest in joining.
Recruitment from all LGC fraternities & sororities begins after September 8, 2021, and will continue throughout the FALL.
- Connect individually with each organization from your time shared with them and stay current and connected on chapter social media for more detailed information on each organization.
National Pan-Hellenic Council (NPHC) RECRUITMENT – Men’s & Women’s Organizations
The UIC National Pan-Hellenic Council Presents:
NPHC Orientation, FALL 2021
Join us FALL 2021 to meet representatives from all active NPHC fraternities and sororities, in a required/mandated NPHC Orientation program, where you will learn important council-wide information via individual fraternity/sorority leaders who will can share their current chapter informational events and future outlets and membership opportunities.
** Contact our Fraternity and Sorority Life (FSL) staff advising team at firstname.lastname@example.org for more general information on any recruitment and membership intake questions or topics.
** Please feel free to complete this Fraternity and Sorority Life Interest Form to share your contact information with us and indicate any additional interest or questions.