Standards for Learning
By joining a values-based fraternity or sorority at UIC, numerous engagement opportunities will guide the membership experience through key outcomes for personal and professional success. Students should expect to enhance competencies in a developmentally sequenced manner through increased involvement in their own organization, within a governing council, through the full fraternity and sorority life (FSL) community, and in connections across the UIC campus and the city of Chicago.
In committing to the core principles of membership:
- Students will understand the importance of scholarship and practice academic responsibility.
- Students will appreciate and engage in community service and philanthropic activities.
- Students will demonstrate an awareness of and appreciation for social justice issues.
- Students will build life-long friendships based on shared values and develop a commitment to the mission of their organizations.
- Students will demonstrate personal responsibility and respectful behavior in a community environment and make informed decisions that will reduce high-risk behavior.
- Students will practice self-governance and work collaboratively to create and achieve community goals.
Chapter Scorecard Heading link
Click here to view the UIC Fraternity & Sorority Chapter Scorecard, which is the FSL community’s annual measure of accountability to standards of achievement at the organizational/chapter level.