Standards for Learning
By joining a values-based fraternity or sorority at UIC, numerous engagement opportunities will guide the membership experience through key outcomes for personal and professional success. Students should expect to develop competencies in a developmentally sequenced manner through increased involvement in their own organization, within a governing council, throughout the full FSL community, and in engagement with the UIC campus and Chicago.
In committing to Greek membership:
- Students will demonstrate personal responsibility and respectful behavior in a community environment, and make informed decisions that will reduce high risk behavior.
- Students will practice self-governance and work collaboratively to create and achieve community goals.
- Students will understand the importance of scholarship and practice academic responsibility.
- Students will appreciate and engage in community service and philanthropic activities.
- Students will demonstrate an awareness of social justice issues (i.e. culture, race, gender, class, and sexual orientation).
- Students will build life-long friendships based on shared values and develop a commitment to the values of their organization.
Click here to view the UIC Fraternity & Sorority Chapter Scorecard, which is the FSL community’s annual measure of accountability to standards of achievement at the organizational/chapter level.